18 March 2012

recent life.

The Photo-a-Day Challenge was fun while I was into it {in February} but March didn't seem to captivate me.... so on to more exciting blogging.

I am 30 weeks pregnant as of last Thursday. I am due May 24th! I keep having these feelings that the baby is going to come early. I don't know if I just assume that because Annabelle came 11 days early though. Maybe baby will be born on Chase's birthday, the 12th.
I better pack my bag now.

It seems like so many of my friends are also pregnant and I love it. It's very fun being able to chat about the woes of pregnancy and have that in common with someone.
And I certainly have woes:
I am very very tired. Too tired. It's hard keeping up with Annabelle everyday, let alone the house.
I have pelvic girdle pain, SI joint pain and all sorts of aches. It's hard to lift my legs, roll over in bed, take stairs, lift heavy things, etc.
I have headaches about everyday. Usually in the afternoon/early evening.
I am only very lately starting to feel swelling in my feet and hands and it's only every so often.
There are more, but I'll stop complaining.

Although there are many challenges, I'm very happy with life right now. Besides being WAY more tired, all my other pregnancy-woes are less severe than last pregnancy. I have Annabelle running around to thank for the tiredness. I have a better diet and exercise to thank for the healthier pregnancy. I'm still gaining too much weight. I actually don't know how to gage my weight gain....

I got pregnant at the End of August. I lost 10 pounds from then until mid-November, it was the last 10 to lose from the 50 pounds I gained while I was pregnant with Annabelle. 
I found out I was pregnant and 16 weeks pregnant on December 8th! {BIG SURPRISE} Since then I've gained 20 pounds... but since the beginning of my pregnancy I've only gained 10 pounds. I hope to gain not more than 10 more pounds.


I'm keeping busy with:
cleaning and organizing my house- for the new baby.
coming up with food ideas for breaky, lunch & dinner every day.
trying to make it easy, healthy and yummy... hello green smoothies.
napping when Annabelle naps. almost daily, heaven.
playing outside with our chickens... Annabelle can't get enough of the chickens!
going on walks with Annabelle, she also can't get enough of being outside.
reading and reading and reading with Annabelle.
spending time with my mom, sisters, niece and nephew.
slowly but surely finishing a quilt for Annabelle so I can start on a quilt for our new baby.
and last but not least... checking pinterest for new ideas & reading blogs!

Things I'd like to be doing:
watercolor painting.
more sewing; quilts, curtains and a baby dress
deep cleaning my house.
getting in more exercise.
planning play dates with friends.
painting my finger and toe nails.
painting our master bedroom.
planting our garden... the peas need to go in soon!
dejunking our storage rooms.
organizing my digital photos.
and reading good books.

And here are some photos to enjoy:

last day working kids care at the gym.
saying goodbye.

picking up grandmas cat.
seriously the cat loved it and kept coming back for more.

me, walking above 11th east with annabelle.

reading with daddy.

surprise! i have messy hair after my bath.

a walk with daddy.
and mommy who is taking the picture.

playing outside with grandma.
chase made the tree trunk seats.

sweeping up
after a long afternoon playing in grandma's backyard.

annabelle's quilt and annabelle.
chasing the chickens.

gotcha.

she loves picking up and holding our chickens!
{no help from us.}

Xoxo, Brittany.


5 comments:

carol said...

I loved reading this and getting updated on your sweet little life. Annabelle is darling!
Good luck with your pregnancy woes... I kept repeating while going thru them myself many years ago..." this too will pass" and pass it does!
You are a cute Mom Brittany. I can not believe that you are due so soon!
Hugs.

The Smith's said...

you guys have chickens??

alisa fawn said...

I LOVE that last picture of Annabelle!

Emily M. said...

that picture of annabelle holding the chicken is THE CUTEST thing i have seen! i love her face! she's so proud! so so darling!

and congrats again on baby!

hope you are feeling well! best of luck with delivery here in a few weeks! eeek! :)

katey lee said...

Why am i not on the list of things you would like to be doing?? haha Let me know if you need help with any of those other thing/babysitting! I would love to!