25 October 2011

my week {last week}

I wrote this on Friday the 21st of October:

"I've been sick all week. It's hard to be a {good} mom AND be sick. At the start of the week, I just had a mini cold, barely noticeable. This morning it got 100 times worse. :(

Besides being sick, I did have some fun.

I've been making Annabelle a quilt for her 1st birthday. I've never made a quilt before, which will be obvious if you count the number of mistakes I've made along the way, but I think it will turn out just fine. Hopefully I'll have it finished for her birthday!

As I stated in my last post, I want to do more sewing and watercoloring, so I made invitations to Annabelle's little first birthday party next week. I drew it and added a couple watercolor pictures, then had it copied. The copies aren't as pretty, but I'm still proud of myself. I gave some, mailed some and just emailed a picture to some people.

For a Halloween activity, I marshmallow ghosts with my sister and her kids. Marshmallows dipped in white chocolate with mini chocolate chip eyes and some with a caramel center, on a stick... Mmm.
Oh and I painted my nails ORANGE for Halloween."


That is where my Friday post ends. Since I didn't get around to posting it,  here's the update as of today:

I'm still sick.
I've made progress on the quilt, but not enough.
My house is a little mini- disaster.
My baby turns ONE tomorrow morning.
Chase got really sick yesterday.
I don't feel like doing anything right now.
Oh yes, and one more thing.....



1 comment:

Alana said...

Hope you get to feeling better! :)