24 September 2011

my hoarding, part 2

I am a hoarder. It's true. It's sad. It's hard. It's emotional. It's real.
Although I'm not as hoardish as the people on the A&E show, I'm getting there.

This week I decided it was time I did something about it. I asked my sister to help me, she's come over twice and we cleaned out a whole room {this is big for me!} It was packed wall to wall and floor to ceiling -- seriously. I can't believe how great it feels to have a little bit of free space. The room is pretty small. It's not even perfect yet, because some of the things in there need to go in other rooms, that are also jam packed, so in order to move them, I need to get the other rooms cleaned out. Sigh.
This is the room we cleaned out. It makes me happy.
I am going to turn this small little room into an Esthetics room. Did you know I am an Esthetician? I am. I want to start working a little bit from my home I've decided. Obviously I need a lot of work to make this room pretty and useable but it used to look like the other spare bedroom downstairs. Eeeek.

this is the room that i still need to clean out. it scares me.
Now that I've cleaned a lot of stuff out, I need to do a run to the DI. {Unless anyone wants some speakers that work and are large, or lots of clothes from size 4 - 14, or some purses.} All that is in the DI pile outside. I know the pile will get bigger and bigger as I clean out and de-junk more and more.  Perhaps my hoards could be your treasures. Ha.

DI pile outside our house.

Wish me luck as I try to take control of my house.

5 comments:

Emily M. said...

once again, you are amazing! i have to admit that the picture of your spare bedroom gave me absolute anxiety! i am clear on the other side of the spectrum, any type of clutter makes me want to scream my eyeballs out. so while you try to declutter, i am, in a way trying to clutter. not really, but i am really making an effort lately not to let little messes put a wrench in my groove. uggh.. i am a work in progress. also, once you start your business, can i come?? ;)

bethany jane. said...

I want some of your clothes! Unless it would annoy you if I had them. Let me know.

Mom said...

Oh I wish Jim Pearce were here to enjoy this comment from Bethany! ha!

Brittany Anne Nielsen said...

Beth, it will annoy me if you wear them better than me. Ha, but you can have them anyway. I'm still doing more cleaning this month, so I'll let you know when I have more as well.

Brittany Anne Nielsen said...

Emily, you certainly can come to me when I start up my business! You can be my first client. :)