18 December 2010

daddy-daughter date.

Last night Chase took Annabelle on their first daddy-daughter date. I had previously thought of this as an event to help promote the bond between daddy and daughter... now I realize it also has another purpose. To give Mom a break!!

A few weeks ago, my sister-in-law wrote this for her facebook status, "has a question for mothers with young children. What is the longest time period you have been alone in your own house since your children were born? I'm just curious if I am an anomaly."  I responded that I had never been alone at my house since my baby was born! Hah. Mind you, it's only been 7 weeks now and I have had breaks, just no breaks in my own home.

Back to tonight, I prompted Chase to invite his little baby girl out with him for the evening. He was excited and nervous. This would be his first outing alone with Baby. I helped him pack the diaper bag and sent them on their way... of course taking a couple pictures first.

Chase took Annabelle shopping for their date. Annabelle loves to go on rides in her stroller and the mall is a perfect place for walking when it's cold outside. Chase is adorable as a dad. I can just imagine how great he looked pushing the stroller, diaper bag in hand... shopping. {he even came home with some new clothes for baby}

Sadly{for all of us} while they were gone, I flooded the basement doing laundry and had to call Chase to come home early. I nursed Annabelle while he was wet-vac-ing up the mess and afterwards I took some pictures of them playing in her room together. Chase is seriously so cute with Annabelle. He loves playing and interacting with her. {notice the photo below, she's holding her toy!}

Annabelle is getting much more interactive too. She smiles and has seemed to laugh a couple times. Her eyes zoom around and she will make eye contact now. Her hands are always moving and she's learning how to grab things too... it's just hard to capture these moments on film.

She's growing up so fast!! I can't believe she's almost 2 months old already!!! She's so much fun. Below is her about to smile...
Xoxo, Brittany


ps: this morning chase let me sleep from 7am to noon. when i woke up he had scrubbed the bathroom, kitchen, mopped the upstairs floors and tidied the house. all while taking care of our baby... amazing!

3 comments:

brooklyn said...

she's cute!

leslie s said...

Chase is a sweet daddy. She will grow up loving him so much. There is a special bond between dads and their little girls for sure. My girls love me, but when DAD! is around, he's number one (lots of the time ;) !! She really is a good mix of both of you...darling.

Alycia (Crowley Party) said...

such great pictures :)