22 October 2010

Goodnight Marilyn...

Tonight Chase and I went out for dinner. We chose Michelangelo Ristorante. I've been wanting to go there for a long time and we figured once the baby comes, we probably won't be going out on spontaneous date nights much, so we went.

As the host walked us to our table, he said to me, "If it get's to cold, I can place a cover on the vent" and pointed down... right then I felt a gust of cold air... and I looked down and well, my skirt was almost up in my face! I was standing right beside our table and I guess it just so happens I was standing right above a vent! Yikes. I started laughing and laughing and pushing my skirt down, at least trying to as I slid into the booth. The host looked very embarrassed for me, laughed too and looked away. {Chase was behind me and claims to have not witnessed any of this situation!} The Host sure got a "cute" view of me....

But the food was delicious!! They bring out freshly baked bread with oil & vinegar. I had a salad with these delicious fresh sliced tomatoes and Chase had a tomato soup that was to die for, and I don't even like soup! Then I had Gnocchi Gorgonzola and Chase had Chicken Rosmarino. Yum yum yum. 

As we were leaving, we had to pass the host again ... and he called out "Goodnight Marilyn!" Haha!! So funny that he would bring it up again, luckily I didn't feel that embarrassed... I probably should have, but oh well! It made for a funny story.

Xoxo, Brittany

ps: Chase also brought me home some beautiful flowers today- he's so sweet!!

This photo-booth picture doesn't do the flowers justice.

6 comments:

brooklyn said...

HA! That is really funny! Especially because your undies probably weren't as cute as Marilyn's were. :)

I've been really wanting to eat there. Maybe we'll have to go this weekend.

And...those flowers are so beautiful. I love the color.
I noticed that Ned "liked" your status on fbook. I wonder if that means he'll bring me some. Probably not.

leah jane said...

i am loving those flowers, so pretty. and not at all you typical selection. and i think that's hilarious the waiter would mention it on your way out. :) funny.

MandiScandal said...

Oh my. If I had a dollar for everytime I've given someone a Marilyn shot due to a vent or the wind I'd be able to pay for grad school....

I love love LOVE that place. I don't think I've ever eaten anything that isn't yummy there and the guys that work there always say something nice to you when you leave or while you eat and when you walk in the door....seriously a favorite of mine.

Tiffany Brown Olsen said...

cute.

amanda said...

That is funny! I was a server there last year and I know exactly which vents you're talking about.

I miss their delicious food. It was nice when I could eat it for free...

Alycia (Crowley Party) said...

Beautiful flowers :)