02 October 2010

Charity Never Faileth.

Last Saturday I went with my mom to the General Relief Society Meeting. It is held every year in the Conference Center, downtown Salt Lake and I always love to be able to actually see it live and be there. {That goes for any session of General Conference.}
Me and Mom in the Conference Center,
at the General RS Meeting on 09.25.10

I am better able to pay better attention & I get more out of the meeting when I attend, rather then watching it at home. Also the spirit is just that much stronger, with over 20,000 people meeting together. What else I love is the music....


The opening hymn was Count Your Blessings. This is a hymn that I sometimes feel is overdone, but this time it really resonated with me. Especially the last verse:

"So, amid the conflict whether great or small,
Do not be disheartened, God is over all;
Count your many blessings, angels will attend,
Help and comfort give you to your journey’s end."

I can't help relating pregnancy to everything I hear these days. I also am having a really hard time dealing with the many challenges that come with being 8 months pregnant {i'll spare you my miserable details}... so this song was perfect for me!!


There were four great speakers that said a lot of really great things. I have just two things I want to remember/ share:
1. Read your scriptures and pray every day. Nothing is more important than doing the basics.
2. Love and serve one another without judging their outward appearances. Charity Never Faileth.

"Charity is having patience with someone who has let us down; it is resisting the impulse to become offended easily. It is accepting weaknesses and shortcomings. It is accepting people as they truly are. It is looking beyond physical appearances to attributes that will not dim through time. It is resisting the impulse to categorize others."
-President Thomas S. Monson

Did you have a favourite part?
a pretty photo of the LDS Salt Lake Temple taken with an iphone that night

I love Conference weekend {which is this weekend}. The Church has a great new, easy to use website now dedicated to conference which makes finding talks and listening to it live much easier. Here is the link to the new site. I recommend looking at it. If you want to go straight to the current sessions, here you go. I recommend watching them all.

Xoxo, Brittany.

1 comment:

brooklyn said...

I think I loved all the same things as you (except for seeing it live). I LOVED the opening song. I really needed to hear those words too - and i loved how fast we sang it. I also loved the beginning of Sis. Beck's talk, I love the visiting teaching talk and I loved President Monson's talk.
What a great night!