19 September 2010

i am creating life.

"The desire to create is one of the deepest yearnings of the human soul. No matter our talents, education, backgrounds, or abilities, we each have an inherent wish to create something that did not exist before.
Everyone can create."
-Dieter F. Uchtdorf, Apostle of the Lord Jesus Christ


When President Uchtdorf gave this talk in the General Relief Society Meeting, I simply loved it. In fact, I still love it.

My {also pregnant} friend Emily, posted this video that was made by the church on her blog recently. You should watch it.



When I watched it, I couldn't help but think about the fact that I am, right now, creating.... I am creating life. What could be more miraculous then that? It's hard, but is so worth it!! {Very hard!!}

There are 7 weeks until my due date, November 6th. I am 33 weeks and 1 day into this pregnancy as of today. I can't help but get scared that she will come early, too early and that I won't be ready. Chase thinks she'll be born on November 4th or 5th. I hope she's late... more like November 10th or 12th.
I don't want her to come on October 30, 31 or November 3rd, 8th or 11th. {perhaps i just jinxed myself}

Today after church, I tried to get a good shot of my pregnant self with Photobooth on my MacBook... Perhaps I didn't get a great shot, but here I am... today:





Xoxo, Brittany.

8 comments:

Andrew said...

Why not the 3rd 8th and 11th?

Brittany Anne Nielsen said...

i want her to have her own special day. not have to share a birthday with someone we know nor share it with remembrance or veterans day. haha.
ned said he hopes she's born on the 8th though. :)

paige and jord said...

you look so great britt! and what a miraculous thing you are doing. good luck these last few (plus) weeks, cant wait to pictures of her!

Rickie said...

Hey Brittany! Just saw your blog on your facebook. I'm going to add you on my friend list on my blog if you don't mind. We need to go on a double date!

brooklyn said...

ha ha. you are so funny (quirky) about dates.
nice belly!

camilla said...

Way to create! I love the belly pics!

Nadia and Jarom Phillips said...

I LOVE that quote as well! It really is amazing when you think about what it is your body is doing. You are creating a life! I love it! You are looking awesome by the way! Love the dress!

Laurel & Bruce said...

You are so cute in every way.
My favorite pic is the belly shot!
I am so excited I can hardly stand the wait!
What do you need help with?
Let me help you get ready....