12 September 2010

computers.

Remember when this happened almost two years ago? I do. It still makes me feel really sad and annoyed at myself.

Last summer, my brother gave me his old laptop, because he was getting a new one. Lucky him... and sorta lucky me. It was a really old iBook. Hardly any memory, useless battery and it needed to be plugged in or it wouldn't work, no camera, and takes a super long time to do anything or load anything or to even check my emails... but hey, beggars can't be choosers. {is that really how you spell beggar? i always thought it would be begger... but spell check is telling me otherwise}

My first laptop, yes, the one I stepped on, was a present when I graduated LDSBC.

As you may know, I just graduated from Elase Academy, passed all my state exams, and am now an Esthetician. To celebrate this all, I decided to buy myself .... one of these! Hooray!

I bought a MacBook Pro. It's wonderful. I don't have to use it plugged in. It is super fast. It will be able to hold all my {over 25000} photos. It has a built in camera, that will also record videos... and it does much much more and I am very happy about it all.


Xoxo, Brittany
ps: here is my first picture in photobooth on my new laptop...
pps: please excuse the size of my face- being 8 months pregnant hasn't served me well.









4 comments:

Tiffany Brown Olsen said...

Yipee!

brooklyn said...

yah for new computers!

JJ Olsen said...

beggar, n.

(ˈbɛgə(r))

Forms: 3 beggare, 4–5 beggere, 4–7 begger, 4– beggar.

[See beg v. The spelling in -ar has been occasional from 14th c., but the usual form in 15–17th c., as an ordinary agent-noun from beg, was begger: see 3.]

1. a.1.a One who asks alms, especially habitually; one who lives by so doing.

   a 1225 Ancr. R. 168 Hit is beggares [v.r. beggilde] rihte uorte beren bagge on bac.    a 1300 K. Horn 1133 Þu wenest I beo a beggere.    1382 Wyclif Deut. xv. 4 Nedi and begger there shal not be among ȝow.    c 1400 Destr. Troy xxxv. 13549 And now me bus, as a beggar, my bred for to thigge.    1480 Caxton Chron. Eng. ccxxxvii. 262 Beggers that were knowe openly for nedy poure beggers.    c 1538 Starkey England iii. 91 The multytude of Beggarys in our cuntrey.    1610 Shakes. Temp. ii. ii. 34 They will not giue a doit to relieue a lame Begger.    1611 Bible Luke xvi. 20 A certaine begger named Lazarus.    1673 Ray Journ. Low C. 423 Near the door‥an incredible number of Beggers.    1797 Godwin Enquirer ii. iii. 187 Those who pursue the trade of a common beggar.    1857 Kingsley Misc. II. 326 The beggars became a regular fourth-estate.

Janelle said...

what a sweet reward for finishing school! congrats and good luck preparing for the baby - can't wait to see you three at christmas!