08 September 2010

2nd Anniversary Trip to California.

Chase and I took a trip to Long Beach, California. It was a needed getaway for us. Our 2nd Anniversary was on the Monday that we were there. Also we wanted to take one last trip together, just the two of us before we become full-time parents! {eeek!}
Instead of doing about 15 posts about the trip, one for each litle thing we did, I'm just going to do one big post.... Here it is, enjoy:

Thursday night:
We landed in the Long Beach Airport- which is outdoor and crazy-small. It made it kinda fun though.

 We got to our hotel {which was really nice on the waterfront and had an amazing view} to drop our things off and then we went to explore.

We walked around Shoreline Villiage, which has a bunch of cute shops and eateries and chose to eat at Stephano's Pizzeria.

Up for a yummy free breakfast at the hotel, then off to Huntington Beach. We played in the ocean {well, i got up to my knees wet & Chase was brave enough to go in the freezing water all the way to play in the waves}.

We went to the Farmers Market and looked around at the other stores close by.
Funny Story: Chase had to go to the bathroom and we went from store to store and no one would let us use their restroom unless we bought something... finally we found a Gelato Shop and went in. They had the same rule as everyone else, but Chase just walked in and used it anyway. So I had to awkwardly stand there looking at the flavors, pretending we had intentions to buy. I was asked if I'd like to sample any of them and I almost said no... but then again, they did look delicious... so I said yes and sampled a few! Mmmm... Right before Chase came out of the restroom, a group of girls came in and started ordering. Chase came out and well he just walked out, so I walked out too... Hah, without getting anything and afer sampling a bunch of flavors! I wonder what the worker was thinking of me!! I was really embarrassed!! {and kinda regretted not getting more of the delicious gelato!}
After, we drove to Newport to see the Temple there. It's pretty, especially the grounds.

Then we went to Fashion Island. We we planning on going shopping, but we only made it in Barnes & Noble. We bought these funny books "How Well Do You Know Your Husband/Wife" - and some card games... Then we got tired and decided to just go back to the hotel to play our games and fill in our question books. Which was SO much fun!

We lazed around in the morning {obviously after we got up early to enjoy our free breakfast} and we played more cards. Then we went to The Queen Mary. It's this old Titanic era ship that is now a hotel and museum. It was a lot of fun to go through it and boy was it huge!! Chase especially loved it and seeing the mechanics of the ship. He wished we would have stayed there- but those cabins were so small, I'm glad we didn't. After eating in the restraraunt, we went back to our hotel... Yes and played more card games and filled in more answers about each other. {We DID know each other pretty well}

We got up early to eat and go off to Church. We just found a random ward to go to, but it was a great meeting all about how it's our duty to strengten the youth of the church... I need to be a better Young Women's Leader perhaps.  
After, we just went back to the hotel and had a nap. {Remember, I'm 7 months pregnant here and I get VERY tired!} That evening we walked around Rainbow Harbor and went to the Aquarium of the Pacific.

 They had Sea Animals galore! We got to pet some and see some shows, it was all very interesting. Chase LOVES fish and sea life. He wants to get a salt water aquarium in our house now.
We bought our baby a little stuffed seal, so she could remember her first trip to the ocean.

 Our last day, we got up and packed up and checked out {obviously after we enjoyed yet another great free meal.} And we went back to Rainbow Harbor to go on a Whale Watching day cruise!!

It was so much fun to see those big mamals. Wow. Lots and lots of them!! Also lots and lots of dolphins, which are so pretty and fun to see swim in and out of the water. It lasted over 3 hours and we forgot sunscreen, so we did end up burnt. oops. We loved it though. {taking pictures of whales is really hard... they move too fast to capture their largeness...}

After that we ate at Bostons Pizza and then went to the airport, played some cards while we waited, and then left to go back to Salt Lake City. Our Pilot took this picture of us before we walked onto the airplane!

Goodbye California. Thanks for letting us visit.


Lacey said...

Happy Anniversary! such a good time to get married! Your trip looks like so much fun! such a good idea to get one last trip in before the baby comes.

leah jane said...

looks like fun! and happy anniversary you two!