25 February 2010

It's official.

This is it: Chase and I officially own a home!!
We signed the papers today!!
We start moving our completely packed up house tomorrow! It's a strange feeling to think that after this weekend I will live somewhere else. I'll have a new ward too. I'm nervous about that. I've only been in two wards before. Parkland Ward, from when I can remember until I was 14. Then, the Parleys 6th Ward here in Salt Lake, from 2001 - 2010 {yes, i've managed to move 6 times in salt lake and stay in one ward!} Our new ward is the Winder 5th Ward.

The house we are moving into is great. Plus, we don't have to throw away rent money each month! Hooray. It's been a crazy past few weeks and I'm finally feeling ready to move. I've had some really great helpers, perhaps I've been their helper. They've cleaned, packed, organized, moved things around, planned and everything with me. Obviously Chase has been the biggest, hardest worker, but... Thank you Mom, Bruce, Grandma, Brooklyn {with Oliver & Eleanor}, Katelyn & Michelle!! Could not have done it without you all. Especially Brooklyn and Mom, who have both put in hours and hours and hours just to help me! I look forward to the move this weekend and for the people who are going to help us. I'll have to post pictures once we are settled. For now, here is the outside of the house.

Xoxo from a home owner,
Brittany.

8 comments:

McKensie Naomi said...

It is darling! I am so proud!!! (And jealous!!) But good luck and enjoy the next little bit... you know, decorating, painting, etc... all the fun, wonderful parts! CONGRATS!

{Linds} said...

IT IS SOOOO CUTE!! OWNING A HOME IS THE BEST!! CONGRATS HUN!

leah jane said...

congrats! i'm so excited for you and can't wait to see the inside once you get everything all set up. good luck with the move. wish we lived closer so we were there to help.

Tiffany Brown Olsen said...

Yeah!! A House! It looks so cute. Congratulations baby!

Chelsey said...

Nice work! Your first house is SO exciting. It looks perfect!

Noelle said...

Hooray!!! Congrats!!

amanda said...

oh my gosh, i grew up in that ward! haha... that is crazy. if you need help knowing who anyone is, let me know. :) and congrats on being new homeowners. that is so exciting.

Janelle said...

congrats! that picture is so cute of you guys signing the papers. i totally would have done the same. hope you're enjoying being homeowners!