21 November 2009

a month with no posts.


I wish I would have been writing posts this last month. You've been missing a lot.

I turned 23. I had a tea part with my friends Michelle and Andrea in the morning. I went to a funeral for a dear friend in the late morning. I napped in the afternoon. Then I celebrated with my family that night and got a lot of really fun presents. THANK YOU!!
The funeral: Jim Pearce passed away the week before my birthday. He had been diagnosed with ALS last November. He was only 69 years old. He deserves ten blog posts about his wonderful life and the influence he and his wife had on me but I'll spare you. Suffice to say, he was my second father. Here we were celebrating his 69th birthday, with a UK theme.


The last month of school has been fun. We have really been working on facials, manicures and pedicures a lot- trying to perfect them. I've been told I give good facials, but I know I need work on the massage part of the mani/pedi's. We still are waxing and I got my chin, upper lip, cheeks, eye brows and ears waxed last week! It kills. This upcoming week we are starting to work on real clients. That will be interesting.

I quit my job at Banana Republic. I didn't really enjoy it. I had to work until 11:30 some nights. (I'm still nannying the 8 year old at 7:30 every morning.) And with the holidays coming up, I was going to have to work a lot. It just wasn't worth it. Chase came in to see me on my last day. He's so sweet. We took pictures of me leaving the house before my last shift & also after the shift, outside the store.


Another big thing is that my grandma is visiting, with the chance of staying. She has Alzheimer's. There is a drug study being done here that she's seeing if she can participate in. If yes, she will be living with Mom and Bruce for the next year and a half. It's really hard to care for someone with Alzheimer's. She needs a lot of constant attention and cannot do a lot of things she used to be able to. She tells the story of how she walked here from Canada- all the time. It's so funny. I've been reading a lot about the disease and I'm excited to spend time with her. This last week I have been taking her for a few hours most days, so my mom can get the things done she needs to. It's been fun. Chase is really good with her too. It's so sweet to see. I gave her a manicure.


Much more has happened over the last month I'm sure, but that's all for today.
Xoxo, Brittany.

ps: I'm really excited for Thanksgiving and Christmas!

3 comments:

Laura Hunter said...

im glad you posted! this is a good one! sad you quit banana! but you gotta go what you gotta do. hopefully you got some cute stuff while you had the discount. glad school is going well :) that is so cute that you and your grandma get to hang out :) your awesome!

McBride's said...

Brit... We should plan an ugly sweater party for christmas with the young couples in our wardy ward. Mmmmmm hmmmmm. Call me.

McBride's said...

PS. why aren't you following my blog?