15 May 2009

going home... to canada...

I was born in Canada in 1986. I am a Canadian citizen. I moved to the United States in 2001. I became a resident of the United States in 2009. I am still a Canadian citizen.

I am so excited to go back to my place of birth, tomorrow!
I am going because my sister, Tiffany, is getting married to Jimmy, in Edmonton, Alberta on May 23. My whole family will be together again. Last time was in August, at my wedding.
Last time I was in Canada was also in August, right before my wedding.

I have some pictures of me in Canada, in the summer of 2007- these are pictures in Waterton, the Canadian side of Glacier.

The Rocky Mountains are behind me, SO pretty!
I snuck up to the deer, that are all over the place in Waterton. I didn't get a picture, but the baby deer came up to me and let me pet him and he licked me! Kinda nasty, but kinda cute. Another deer story from last August, when I went to Canada with Chase. I was holding a bag with some Canadian chocolates(way better then the US), and a deer started to follow us. I think he was smelling the yummy chocolates... then the deer started charging at me! This deer had antlers, and it was scary and funny. He'd just kinda come up and butt me with them- it didn't hurt until he would ram me, then twist me with his antlers and I almost fell down! haha... Chase wanted a turn, so I gave him the bag, and sure enough the deer did the same thing to him!
We stopped when this man yelled at us to leave the deer alone(we had a big crowd watching).
Gosh, the deer came to us!

This last picture is me and Dad. He still lives in Calgary, in the house I grew up in. But this picture is on a ferry in Waterton. (the baby is Oliver, Brooklyn's boy)

Well, I'm going to have a blast this week. I'll be home next Tuesday!

Xoxoxo...

1 comment:

Jocelyn said...

love love love the deer story....wait stories. i want to sneek up to a deer