20 February 2009

My Pill Pounds:

I went to the gym today. It was a good gym day. I hadn't been in a while.

When I walked in, I saw the sweetest couple on treadmills beside each other. They looked 70+. The lady had perfect hair, dark sunglasses on, bright red lipstick, lots of jewelry and a matching black work out suit on. The gentleman had on kahkis, a nice crisp blue button up shirt and an iPod.

It was so sweet to see them staying fit together, in style! I am going to be like that when I am that age. Who wouldn't want to wear huge dark sunglasses at the gym?


I also ran into a friend. We don't know each other well and we just recently met. We were talking about our weight. She told me that ever since she has kids, she feels like she's turned into Cruela Deville with her skinny flabby body. I told her that I gained too much weight since I got married, which I think was caused from birth control. She told me I looked really pretty with or without my extra weight. That made me feel good. As she was walking away, she said, "Well, Good luck losing your Pill Pounds!" I don't know why, but I just loved that she called it "pill pounds". I'm refering to my weight that way from now on...

4 comments:

Lindsay said...

Its sooo true!! Pill pounds ... thats awesome! I bet you still look beautiful!! Ever since I had kids I cant keep my weight off either because of the same darn thing! Blah!

Lizzy said...

Brittany! It was so fun to see you too! I really want to do more things with you! And by the way, you are an absolutely gorgeous woman- you looked awesome this morning.

Brooklyn Skanchy said...

oh no. only 2 posts in feb!!

Brittany Anne Nielsen said...

the joy of being able to post an earlier date. no one would have known...