07 September 2008

Our Wedding Day.

We are married! And now it is no longer "My" blog, but "Our" blog.

Our wedding day went over very well. It was the perfect day! Thank you so much to everyone who helped me. There were so many people that made the day work.

We were sealed for time and all eternity in the Salt Lake Temple. I love being a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. It is the best thing in the world to know what will go on after this life. I also love that I am going to be with Chase forever, not just til we die. The ceremony was wonderful and our sealer gave us so much great information to start our marriage with.

I loved walking out of the temple with Chase to see all of our friends and family members! It was just so great to see everyone who I love and know they were there supporting me and Chase. Thank you! I also LOVED that everyone just wanted to take pictures of us. Haha... I happily posed for a while.

Our luncheon was fun. The food was delicious! It was help in the Empire Room of the Joseph Smith Memorial Building... My dress was really hard to sit in though. My train was large and puffy, so it took up a lot of room! I decided I'd sing "At Last" to Chase.... haha, oh my goodness was it funny. I messed up a lot- everyone said that I pulled it off well- obviously I needed to practice it more then the maybe 3 times that I did.

Chase and I ran home between the lunch and reception... we needed to get our suitcases(actually I needed to pack!). We made it back just in time for the Reception, which was also in the Joseph Smith Memorial Building.

It was a lovely evening. I didn't want it to end and I loved the line and seeing all the people who came. We had chocolate fountains and Mmmmm.... SO GOOD. I love white chocolate and though I didn't get a chance to eat a lot, it was still delicious. We decided to have a dance, last minute... It was funny too. I danced with my dad, then Chase. It was just fun and small. We danced with the little kids and then cut the cake, threw the bouquet, did the garter toss and then we were off!

My cute family made a tunnel with there hands leading up to the horse and carriage for us to run through! So fun! Then we got up in the carriage and very slowly trotted away.

Thank you so much for everyone who helped with the event, I love you all and my wedding day was perfect.

3 comments:

Ryan and Leah said...

Britt, you looked so beautiful and the whole day was so nice. Congrats again Mrs. Nielson!

paige and jord said...

Brittany! first of all, congrats to the newly-marrieds! (isn't it great?) second, you look GORGEOUS! it sounds like your day was perfect-
third.. your cousin leah is in my ward up here at utah state, we love them! small world, eh?
fourth.. she is the reason i found your blog that i didn't know you had :) lets keep in touch
congrats again girl- cant wait to see pics!

leslie s said...

Brittany you looked stunning on your wedding day!! What a cute couple you make! We are so sorry that we could not make it there our van was totaled making it difficult to make that journey. We were however thinking of you and praying that your day would be as wonderful as you are! Welcome Chase to the family for us. We love you always!