21 May 2008

My Sister, BETHANY:

She is home at last! Yay! My sissy has been gone for the last 18 months in Los Angeles serving a mission. I missed her so much! At the start of her mission, I wrote her just about once a day. By the end of her mission, I at least emailed her almost weekly... almost. (this is a picture of everyone in our family who showed up at the airport to pick her up.)

Last July, I had a layover in LA, so I took a taxi to visit her! It was so much fun to see her be a missionary. I got to spend the day with her and do service. (aka: painting strange yellow polka dots all over this cute Mexican family's walls.)

I was sure excited when I got to see her again! She's so precious. Last week my mom and I got to go pick her up as she finished her mission. We were staying in the same apartment building that she lived in, which was exciting because we kept thinking we'd run into her! Wednesday morning came and we were supposed to meet her outside the mission home(which is beside the apt's).

I walked out and walked toward the mission home and saw her.... we both started running toward each other! (this is a picture of my view, it's kinda not centered because i was running too!) It was so funny. Tears everywhere. We met a bunch of other missionaries who she'd served with and her mission president.

Over the next couple days, we got to go meet a bunch of her investigators and converts.
Meeting these strong people and hearing their conversion stories really strengthened my testimony. Also just seeing people look to my sister as their "Angel", as they all called her, was so inspiring. It's strange that to them she really did change their lives drastically. My little, Sister Olsen... changing the world one person at a time. Also, those people she was serving were so generous, most were Latino's and hard hardly any money, but the y would always want to give give give... Ok, enough about that. It was also just really fun to be in Los Angeles and to be with my sissy again.

We flew home on the same flight- but my mom and I went out before her. It was so cute when I came out to see the whole family standing there- being so excited to see Bethany again! Then she came down the escalator. Cute. It was her shining moment!! Now it's time for her to be awkward and weird and try to adjust to normal life.

Good luck Bethany!


ps: she also just barely found out that she is accepted to the BYU Jerusalem Center for fall semester. She leaves the 2nd of September!


We got to go out for lunch with our Uncle Larry and cousin, Jerilyn.

Christopher also met us at the temple grounds to say hello.




Me and Bethany. I was pretending to be a Sister Missionary and I was wearing her tag.

This is us displaying the car she had been driving on the mission.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That guy with you guys at the la temple is probably one of the coolest people i know.