23 January 2008

My New Year:



2008.
I brought in the New Year with my boyfriend, watching illegal fireworks at his friends house, then we played games with my family. The break was filled with games and fun with the family. It was really fun.

It's been a good 23 days of a year. (HAPPY BIRTHDAY BETHANY, by the way) So far it's included...
Starting the family's 'Let's get healthy" challenge.
Buying a BETA fish! (His name is Annie, as of now- I may change it.)
Nannying for a family of 5 kids for 8 days while their parents were out of town.
Getting a job with a family to be their nanny, cook and housekeeper.
Losing eight pounds.

Those are just a few things I guess. I want to keep this blog up, I need to have a more dedicated time commitment to writing.

To touch more on the things above...
Our family (well, really it's just my mom, me and my brother in law and i think my dad too), is all going to be getting healthier. My goal is to loose 5% of my body fat by the end of March. It will be easy.
My boyfriend and I each bought a fish. Cute, eh? We bought them while I was nannying because I brought the three year old girl to the fish store to get some gold fish. I love my fish and I bought such a cute little round bowl for it with green stones at the bottom.
Nannying for that family for the week was amazing! It was hard and amazing. I miss those kids so much. We had a really good time and their mom and dad have told me over and over, since that the kids just loved me and had such a good time with me and miss me. cute. I keep wanting to jut go over and play with them.
I have the strangest job now. I'm nannying for a family with a 6 year old and a 17 year old. Both boys. At 7 in the morning I go to their house, the parents and 17 year old leave for work and school. I make the 6 year olds breakfast, get him ready for school, pack a lunch for him and take him to school. Then around 5:30, I pick the boy up from the JCC, take him home, help him with his homework, make the family dinner, and stay til the parents get home(by the way the 17 year old is often there as well.) They pay great and I love it. It's intimidating making them dinners every night, but it's great experience. It's just a funny job I got myself into.
I lost some weight.... but that's no great accomplishment if you knew how much I gained from my birthday (Oct 30) until New Years. Haha.. I have a few more pounds to go.

Well, I'm going to start cleaning my room now.


Here is my family playing a Scene It Trivial Pursuit game on New Years, right when Chase and I got home from the fireworks.

*The first picture was Matt(John), Chris, Me and Chase at the house where they did fireworks.
(ps: Chase game me the scarf I'm wearing for Christmas.)

1 comment:

Brooklyn Skanchy said...

hey hey my blogalicious babe. I found your blag, ha ha ha. is it okay if i read it? I'm glad your fish is now called franklin. it's a bit of a stern name for such a flowing, glowing little thing. but it will do. maybe i should buy oliver a fish. he'd probably try to eat it or something.